The 15th Annual Males of Color Empowerment and Retention Conference which will convene October 26-28, 2017. This year the conference will be hosted by the University of Houston Downtown on their lovely state-of-the-art campus. The theme this year is "Redesigning the K-16 Educational Pipeline: The Solution--Reconnecting and Reinvesting Institutional Resources to Ensure Academic Success."
As always, there are some remarkable featured keynote speakers and presenters lined-up:
- Retired Navy Chief Petty Officer Dwyan D. Dozier, Flight Engineer and Project Analyst from Dallas, Texas,
- Dr. Sabrina Jackson, Author and World Renown Public Speaker and Trainer from Detroit, Michigan,
- Dr. General Johnson, Interim Director of TRIO Student Support Services at Portland Community College, and
- Dr. F. Carl Walton, Vice President of Student Affairs at Savannah State University.
JV Educational Consultants is now accepting proposals for the general break-out sessions. For more information, please click here to review documents regarding the proposals guidelines and conference registration.
- There is a special call for student led presentation--which is an opportunity for students to showcase their savvy skills and talents by participating in our Five-Minute Film Competition and the Speech and Debate Showcase.